Perhaps. But there are millions of women in the upper middle class and the culture they create and reflect affects everyone. Besides, Slaughter deserves some credit for honesty. As she recounts in the piece, when she mentioned to a friend that she was considering writing that women can't have...
Most women need what men have. A WIFE! I sure wished I had one when I worked full time. Then I could have told her "I'll help you IF I have time."
Anne-Marie Slaughter's eye-catching Atlantic article, "Why Women Still Can't Have It All," is being greeted with a certain reverse snobbery. We've been reminded that the choices and challenges of women with advanced degrees are hardly typical and not the sort of thing that should divert us from the problems of the middle class.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago