You're forgetting the part where those who called for reform were shouted down and called "racists" by the 'progressive caucus'. Democrats love to pretend that Bush somehow caused the financial mess we're in, yet Bush went to congress on at least a half dozen occasions and warned that the Fannie/Freddie house of cards was going to fall. Likewise, McCain was also a constant voice against this fiasco. Both were demonized by the left-media for this stance. Comparing criminal behavior, Frank and Dodd make Bernie Madoff look like an honest, upstanding citizen. Madoff's scams caused significant financial harm to a small handful of people. In comparison, the progressive caucus have nearly bankrupted a nation of 330 million people (and their children, and their children's children). Madoff sits in prison, but for some reason, the perpetrators of the biggest pyramid scheme in history... sip cocktails on their yachts.
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 48 minutes ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago