Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
What would happen if all responsible Americans were to sign a petition that stated that there would be a massive "refusal to pay taxes" protest unless every dime of tax hikes is accompanied by at least the same amount in spending cuts? Mitch needs to rally the American people who pay the most in taxes!
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 2 hours ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 4 hours ago