There was a touchy relationship between President Reagan and his Vice President George H.W. Bush. They were rivals during the primaries. Bush attacked the Reagan economic agenda as “voodoo economics.” Bush served faithfully as VP for eight years but Reagan and Bush never warmed to one another. There...
Texans sure are moochers - “The state demonstrated that the costs that were generated (by the fires) were above and beyond the state and local capabilities,” said Jacqueline Chandler, a spokeswoman for FEMA's regional office in Denton. The political fight broke out in May when FEMA rejected Gov. Rick Perry's request for aid. Perry appealed the decision May 26. In a written statement Friday, Perry said, “President Obama's decision to finally approve a portion of our disaster designation request is good for Texas and some of the communities impacted by this season's wildfires. Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Obama-declares-major-disaster-after-wildfires-1449841.php#ixzz2C3unUznA
Liberals do not grasp the distinction between Ronald Reagan and (either) George Bush. This blind spot creates a massive confusion and hazard to their ambitions. Obama defeated neither the Reagan Narrative nor Team Reagan. Team Bush appropriated, and then marginalized, both. Obama beat Team Bush, not Team Reagan. The implications are huge.
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 23 minutes ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Meriam Ibrahim lands in Italy, on way to US; Update: Meets with Pope Francis Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago