Seventy-five years, millions of arrests and billions of dollars later, we are still living with the consequences of that ignorant, ill-considered decision, which nationalized a policy that punishes peaceful people and squanders taxpayer money in a blind vendetta...
In response to:
Mike Huckabee lied about Obama growing up in Kenya. Is he a Christian? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIwhvs9yI1M Does the Huckster place the Republican party above God? Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor!!! Another commandment forgotten by the GOP! Mike Huckabee's childhood in North Korea shaped his world views, that's were he learned that if you tell a lie eneough it becomes the truth. The Right Wing's obsession with the President's childhood is more about race than anything else. You have to cut Huckabee some slack on the Obama is from Kenya and likes Mau Mau.
Shortly before the House of Representatives approved a federal ban on marijuana in 1937, the Republican minority leader, Bertrand Snell of New York, confessed, "I do not know anything about the bill." The Democratic majority leader, Sam Rayburn of Texas, educated him. "It has something to do with something that is called marihuana," Rayburn said. "I believe it is a narcotic of some kind."
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago