It looks as though team Obama isn't necessarily worried about Mitt Romney when it comes to President Obama's re-election, instead, they're worried about his better half, Ann Romney. Why? She's able to connect with voters on a personal level, something Mitt Romney has struggled to do. Ann Romney has the opportunity to showcase their family and to bring a sense of humor to the campaign trail. She has personal stories to share, whether it's beating breast cancer or living with MS in a positive way. People already know Romney the politician, he's been around for awhile, they want to see...
I hate it when people go after spouses. Spouses aren't coached, they are on the "support team", rarely professional politicians themselves, are mocked when they say things that come out the wrong way. The spouse is usually the "power behind the throne" with the emphasis on "behind". I know politicians have to trot out their spouses to show solidarity, what nice families they have, etc., but the more successful political spouses often remain in the background and like it that way. I would rather families retained their privacy but the reality is when your husband or wife or father or mother is a politician, you are thrust into the spotlight, in front of the open mic.
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 48 minutes ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 4 hours ago