It looks as though team Obama isn't necessarily worried about Mitt Romney when it comes to President Obama's re-election, instead, they're worried about his better half, Ann Romney. Why? She's able to connect with voters on a personal level, something Mitt Romney has struggled to do. Ann Romney has the opportunity to showcase their family and to bring a sense of humor to the campaign trail. She has personal stories to share, whether it's beating breast cancer or living with MS in a positive way. People already know Romney the politician, he's been around for awhile, they want to see...
I hate it when people go after spouses. Spouses aren't coached, they are on the "support team", rarely professional politicians themselves, are mocked when they say things that come out the wrong way. The spouse is usually the "power behind the throne" with the emphasis on "behind". I know politicians have to trot out their spouses to show solidarity, what nice families they have, etc., but the more successful political spouses often remain in the background and like it that way. I would rather families retained their privacy but the reality is when your husband or wife or father or mother is a politician, you are thrust into the spotlight, in front of the open mic.
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 21 minutes ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago