Earlier this week Elizabeth Warren was asked by the Boston Globe a seemingly simple and straightforward question about her taxes: In 2011, did she pay the 5.85% rate (which is voluntary) on her Massachusetts state tax form? Since 2001, as I explained in a previous post, residents of the Commonwealth have had the option – if they so choose – to pay a higher tax rate than the 5.3% minimum. And since the former consumer advocate raked in more than $700,000 last year, the Globe believed their inquiry was an appropriate and reasonable one. At the time, however, she...
In response to:
Refute the statement and argument, PL.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago