Earlier this week Elizabeth Warren was asked by the Boston Globe a seemingly simple and straightforward question about her taxes: In 2011, did she pay the 5.85% rate (which is voluntary) on her Massachusetts state tax form? Since 2001, as I explained in a previous post, residents of the Commonwealth have had the option – if they so choose – to pay a higher tax rate than the 5.3% minimum. And since the former consumer advocate raked in more than $700,000 last year, the Globe believed their inquiry was an appropriate and reasonable one. At the time, however, she...
In response to:
A distinction without a difference PL. She said people should pay more taxes and failed to do it herself.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 4 hours ago