Earlier this week Elizabeth Warren was asked by the Boston Globe a seemingly simple and straightforward question about her taxes: In 2011, did she pay the 5.85% rate (which is voluntary) on her Massachusetts state tax form? Since 2001, as I explained in a previous post, residents of the Commonwealth have had the option – if they so choose – to pay a higher tax rate than the 5.3% minimum. And since the former consumer advocate raked in more than $700,000 last year, the Globe believed their inquiry was an appropriate and reasonable one. At the time, however, she...
In response to:
A distinction without a difference PL. She said people should pay more taxes and failed to do it herself.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 13 hours ago