Earlier this week Elizabeth Warren was asked by the Boston Globe a seemingly simple and straightforward question about her taxes: In 2011, did she pay the 5.85% rate (which is voluntary) on her Massachusetts state tax form? Since 2001, as I explained in a previous post, residents of the Commonwealth have had the option – if they so choose – to pay a higher tax rate than the 5.3% minimum. And since the former consumer advocate raked in more than $700,000 last year, the Globe believed their inquiry was an appropriate and reasonable one. At the time, however, she...
In response to:
What really gets me is PL is always leaving but continues to come back again and again. The sad part is that he just can not let go. PL insults people and then expects people to listen to him. Sad....
- For Democrats, 2014 a mirror of Republicans’ 2012 nightmare Noah Rothman 29 mins ago
- Will gun control sink Connecticut’s Democratic governor? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The Democrats have a fee-vah and the only prescription is a new government shutdown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago