Earlier this week Elizabeth Warren was asked by the Boston Globe a seemingly simple and straightforward question about her taxes: In 2011, did she pay the 5.85% rate (which is voluntary) on her Massachusetts state tax form? Since 2001, as I explained in a previous post, residents of the Commonwealth have had the option – if they so choose – to pay a higher tax rate than the 5.3% minimum. And since the former consumer advocate raked in more than $700,000 last year, the Globe believed their inquiry was an appropriate and reasonable one. At the time, however, she...
In response to:
Do not let cooperster change the subject or divert from the premise. First, he is wrong that it relates only to federal taxes. Does this sound familiar cooperster? The rich do not pay enough in taxes! I can spend my morning bring up quotes but no need. Cooperster is yet another liberal that can not acknowledge a simple point that has been proven beyond any doubt about a liberal and the Animal Farm liberal mentality.
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 41 mins ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Question for new “View” co-host Nicolle Wallace: When did you just want to pop Palin? Allahpundit 4 hours ago