Earlier this week Elizabeth Warren was asked by the Boston Globe a seemingly simple and straightforward question about her taxes: In 2011, did she pay the 5.85% rate (which is voluntary) on her Massachusetts state tax form? Since 2001, as I explained in a previous post, residents of the Commonwealth have had the option – if they so choose – to pay a higher tax rate than the 5.3% minimum. And since the former consumer advocate raked in more than $700,000 last year, the Globe believed their inquiry was an appropriate and reasonable one. At the time, however, she...
In response to:
Do not let cooperster change the subject or divert from the premise. First, he is wrong that it relates only to federal taxes. Does this sound familiar cooperster? The rich do not pay enough in taxes! I can spend my morning bring up quotes but no need. Cooperster is yet another liberal that can not acknowledge a simple point that has been proven beyond any doubt about a liberal and the Animal Farm liberal mentality.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago