mhubbard, your first sentence describes UNIONS. I am sure Dr. Sowell interviewed a lot of people (including those involved in agriculture) and generalized his and others' findings. It is called statistics. If a worker is lazy, he is dismissed in fair market, or he's turned into labor union's poster boy, tormented by greedy capitalists. Do you know how much fruits of labor are wasted by the central planning? and I am not trying to tell the tale of the Soviet Union planning... how about the Great Depression labor politics? How about now?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 8 hours ago