Putin is delusional, he's trying to put Humpty-Dumpty back again, for the break-up of the Soviet Union was THE biggest 20th century tragedy. He is slipping, but is still extremely dangerous, like half-dead tarantula. More or less independent, honest Russian media are being exterminated, chemical-pure Goebbels propaganda flows uninterrupted, no wonder people are sharing his delusions. There is uncanny similarity between Nazi Germany and post-Soviet Russia, from losing (cold) war to anschluss. It terrifies me how much suffering he can bring unto his country and anyone else around.
I wonder - what happens tomorrow with the Facebook stocks?

The Profligate Path to Servitude

meowbius Wrote: Mar 12, 2014 2:48 PM
How did we get to the point that our government is trying to rob us blind as quick as possible and it takes a brain surgeon to pinpoint our desperate situation so clearly? At some point, I was under impression that I misread the name and it was the economist (such as Dr. Sowell) that wrote this column. Maybe Dr. Carson can as well separate leeches from the suffering patient? I don't care he did not post militant pro-2nd-amendment statements yet. You know he would be our right choice and will not fold.

The Left Versus Minorities

meowbius Wrote: Mar 11, 2014 4:22 PM
In the meantime, public schools and teachers' unions protect their comrades - molesters, drug users, all kinds of scoundrels, - cover up bribery and incompetence, defraud tests and cheat the kids, but to put the busy show, concentrate on punishing kids who display American flag related symbols or bite the corner off the pop-tart... no time for punishing criminals.

The Left Versus Minorities

meowbius Wrote: Mar 11, 2014 3:37 PM
As I understand it, kids cherrypick themselves, when they participate in the lottery. They really, really want better education, those rascals. How can we compare them, pushy enthusiasts, with the back row slugs? Oh wait, I think Joe wanted to eliminate voluntary lottery to prove that when you recruit your truant thuggish slug, no charter school will work out for him? That is some sophistication!

Who is Richard Greenleaf?

meowbius Wrote: Mar 10, 2014 2:29 PM
Curious observation: only TWO out of 127 rated Dr. Adams' class as "easy", certainly top 1%. The few who marked him as bad admitted they are slackers or flaming liberals. Ladies who cared to let their private feelings known rated him as "hot", or better. Everyone who cares to sit in class and listen rated tests as easy, or doable. One said that it's worth failing the class once to return again :) No one rated him unfair. ... You lucky dogs, count your blessings - not eveyone is lucky enough to enjoy college as you can! can you imagine suffering Greenleaf's students that did not have any choice?

Freedom Is Not Free

meowbius Wrote: Mar 04, 2014 6:53 AM
I keep wondering what happened to the independent medical expertise. Where is professional opinion of the stars who could have know better than bureaucrats and political hacks?

Alec Baldwin, Drama Queen

meowbius Wrote: Feb 26, 2014 2:57 PM
sissy-sue: Can you please name republican actor who deserved similar treatment? just one? Someone who physically abused wife, shamed underage daughter in most regrettable (for a sane person) fashion, acted up like a drunk or a lunatic? engaged in fight with reporters, calling them names? Then - you'll read it everywhere and see it on MSM for weeks, if not months. Hell, the very Alec Baldwin will contribute his two cents!

Alec Baldwin, Drama Queen

meowbius Wrote: Feb 26, 2014 2:41 PM
ALWAYS, with great satisfaction :) he richly deserved it.

Alec Baldwin, Drama Queen

meowbius Wrote: Feb 26, 2014 10:05 AM
Amazing what a constant hatred and venom, neverending and mind-numbing attention-seeking juvenile temper tantrums, and bully attitude would do to a has-been hansom stud. Am I the only one who thinks he's looking more and more like Michael Moore?

The 'Fairness' Fraud

meowbius Wrote: Feb 25, 2014 1:14 AM
Good for you, LobaAzul! Too bad the rest of the women were not bused to MIT :) I remember the running joke about "choosing the wrong parents", when you did not inherit something material or intellectual other people had. Never had a chance of a snowball in hell of becoming a ballerina, a movie star, or an astronaut. My brother the mathematician always wondered where was I when God handed out math skills. I always wondered where my husband was when God handed out music skills. My kids are still wondering where were both of us when God handed out (advanced) computer skills. It's a miracle how we all survived and did not die of envy and resentment.