What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
I have an idea. I know how to ensure our congressmen and congresswomen always there and ready to vote; how to save a lot on DC housing and frequent commute; how to avoid huge expenses with all that dapper appearance and expensive clothing, without damaging reputation; how to allow our "servants" to continue their honest work where they belonged virtually without interruption ; how to avoid elbow-rubbing with the lobbyists in the Capitol halls; all of that without spending any more money, not a single cent - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy12TCqNbjU
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 30 minutes ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago