What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
I have an idea. I know how to ensure our congressmen and congresswomen always there and ready to vote; how to save a lot on DC housing and frequent commute; how to avoid huge expenses with all that dapper appearance and expensive clothing, without damaging reputation; how to allow our "servants" to continue their honest work where they belonged virtually without interruption ; how to avoid elbow-rubbing with the lobbyists in the Capitol halls; all of that without spending any more money, not a single cent - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy12TCqNbjU
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 10 hours ago