In the final jobs report prior to the election, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has announced that unemployment crept up in October to 7.9 percent, as 170,000 nonfarm payroll jobs were added. The broader "U-6" unemployment statistic is 14.6 percent (up a hair from 14.5 six months ago). August and September's numbers were both revised upward, which is a positive sign. As Jim Pethokoukis notes, average monthly job growth in 2012 has been nearly identical to the sub-par numbers of 2011, and hourly wages remain stagnant at best. The "worst recovery since the Great Depression" continues....
In response to:
It's a shame that many of my fellow conservatives take glee in the fact that 2,000 Americans have now made the ultimate sacrifice in Afghanistan. It's too bad they have forgotten that AFGHANISTAN is where AL-QAEDA attacked the USA from on 9-11 and were given sanctuary by the Taliban. These dupes of Republican party propaganda still believe that Saddam had something to do with 9-11 or they still, mistakenly believe, that Saddam had WMD in the year 2003.
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago