I’m chomping on the chocolate bunny (ears first!) that I found in my basket and it occurs to me that believing in Christ’s resurrection requires a capitalist mindset. Certainly, you could be a capitalist without believing in Christ’s resurrection since it requires faith to believe in the resurrection. And, Christ’s primary mission on earth was not to overthrow human forms of government. However, Christ recognized as “good” a legitimate form of human government that espouses freedom, private property rights and representative authority. So, if you call yourself a Christian (as President Obama does) then I think you must also be...
Jesus wasn't upset because they were conducting business. He was upset WHERE they were conducting business, that is obvious from what is said and how everyone reacts. It is relevant that the Temple was getting what we call now call 'kickbacks' - a bit off the top. Christ also had no trouble with people being wealthy some of his friends were wealthy including Lazarus who could feed 13 men with ease. - what he wanted people to understand is that wealth presents a person with a duty. Use their wealth wisely. All compassion must be personal compassion - it must come from a good and loving heart for it to mean anything spiritually. He also pointed that out. There is no grace in getting someone to do it for you.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago