It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
I can relate to that as I am in the same boat as I get 958 and can not get section 8 or food stamps either. or any of the other programs out there they say I make to much being single.
- Audio: Allen West won’t rule out primarying Rubio in Florida in 2016 Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Another perjury issue in the executive branch? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New Media panel: An after-report Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Feds: We stopped AQ attack on NYSE through NSA surveillance Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Did the IRS target a DHS whistleblower? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Opening session: The nature of leadership Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago