It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
Out of every dollar budgeted for all the welfare programs and food stamps 75% goes to pay the government workers to run the programs and the poor only get 25%, so they really do not get that much. I am on social Security and live on 958 dollars a month and they say I make to much to get food stamps so you ccan imagine how I live just barely survive on 1.00 dollar tv dinners , oatmeal, potatoes, pancakes and top ramein noodles cant afford anything else. People do not get that much unless they have lots of kids, being single you are screwed as I am.
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago