The idea that men are ineligible to speak out on abortion has at least six flaws, each of which should be understood and articulated by men who desire to speak on the issue. Those argumentative flaws follow in no particular order of importance:...
Medically speaking, there is no such thing as "homophobia". A phobia is an irrational fear of something. My view of homosexuality is one of disdain, and repugnance. I'm convinced these poor souls are sick and depraved. But I don't run screaming from one. Like other mental illnesses, I bear them ill will. The same as I would view a person with Bipolar disorder, Autism, or Epilepsy. People don't choose these things either, but it doesn't mean they're normal or healthy. Homosexuality has many attendant complications. Higher incidence of Depression, suicide, STDs, plus an unnaturally and unusually high number of intimate partners. Promiscuity is held to be an unhealthy lifestyle and it's prevalent among homosexuals. Homophobia isn't.
Recently, a student asked me whether I had a right to speak out on abortion given that I am a man and could never experience pregnancy. I countered by asking him whether arguments have testicles. The question drew laughter from other students who were listening to the exchange. But my point was serious and worth addressing at length.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 12 hours ago