The idea that men are ineligible to speak out on abortion has at least six flaws, each of which should be understood and articulated by men who desire to speak on the issue. Those argumentative flaws follow in no particular order of importance:...
Medically speaking, there is no such thing as "homophobia". A phobia is an irrational fear of something. My view of homosexuality is one of disdain, and repugnance. I'm convinced these poor souls are sick and depraved. But I don't run screaming from one. Like other mental illnesses, I bear them ill will. The same as I would view a person with Bipolar disorder, Autism, or Epilepsy. People don't choose these things either, but it doesn't mean they're normal or healthy. Homosexuality has many attendant complications. Higher incidence of Depression, suicide, STDs, plus an unnaturally and unusually high number of intimate partners. Promiscuity is held to be an unhealthy lifestyle and it's prevalent among homosexuals. Homophobia isn't.
Recently, a student asked me whether I had a right to speak out on abortion given that I am a man and could never experience pregnancy. I countered by asking him whether arguments have testicles. The question drew laughter from other students who were listening to the exchange. But my point was serious and worth addressing at length.
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 3 hours ago