1 - 8

(Going) Forward

Meagan3 Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 4:57 PM
I can only speak for myself, but I've only been to Breibart a couple times and have never heard of the Bigs. One place that I liked getting political coverage was Twitter. The site is over run with people my age and a lot of good conservative campaigning was on there. Many of the people that write here have twitter accounts and it was funny and inspiring to watch people my age actually challenge things the President and his groupies put out there. I think there is a lot of merit in Derek's advice that we be entertaining first and political second. It's worked for the left for a long time. It's time we start beating them at their own game.

(Going) Forward

Meagan3 Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 3:22 PM
There is no problem in calling a spade a spade, but we as conservatives need to go further than that. There is a sad excuse of a president in office, we need to figure out how to survive the next four years, we need to go further than this site and begin educating the young voters NOW. We cannot all sit here angry for four years calling "spades for spades" and then be angry all over again when nothing changes.

(Going) Forward

Meagan3 Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 3:13 PM
Thank you for working hard and trying to get the word out. I will absolutely watch the video and share. However, I think its safe to say that there aren't many young voters on this website. Better luck to us all next time around.

(Going) Forward

Meagan3 Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 3:10 PM
Thank Your for your service. I have tremendous respect for you and those who have died for this country. I pray that my "progressive" peers wake up and realize the magnitude of your sacrifice. Have a great Veterans Day.

(Going) Forward

Meagan3 Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 3:08 PM
And i'll have you know I have the utmost respect for my parents, grandparents, Veterans, and other elders. That said I respect those worth respecting. Angry old men that blame me for problems I didn't create don't fall into that category. Sorry.

(Going) Forward

Meagan3 Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 3:04 PM
You don't have to tell me about the evils of Marxism and the far left. I get that. What I don't get is why you think it's okay to alienate a huge voting block and then be mad that they didn't listen to you. I agree with you that the previous generation has a responsibility to protect the nation for the next generation. I just would like to know where this line of thinking was during the last few decades. Because this economy is not a mess made by people my age I can tell you that. The social security that i'll never see a penny of surely wasn't my idea. Where was your protection then? The infiltration of communists and Marxists into the public school system happened well before I was in school. Where was your generations protection there?

(Going) Forward

Meagan3 Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 2:14 PM
I also try to avoid Fox News and most of the MSM, sticking mostly to online news sources (such as here and The Blaze). And I want to thank you for your service to this country in Vietnam. I think the frustration older conservatives feel being mostly written off by the young voter block this election is similar to the frustration I feel being written off by most of the older conservatives. Like the article states, there is a huge culture gap that needs to be addressed. I believe that there is a place in Modern Society for ANYONE that can adjust and put an effort into being a part of it. And I'm not talking about compromising good values or ideals, i'm simply asking you guys to share and teach those ideals and values in a better way.

(Going) Forward

Meagan3 Wrote: Nov 11, 2012 1:57 PM
I have nothing to be ashamed of. I did not raise this generation, you did. Maybe if you had had a bit of foresight in '08, you would have realized that my generation is a big voting block, and you would have put a little bit of effort into appealing to them. The ideals of fiscal conservatism, morality, and freedom are what will save this country. But conservatives like you that just attack are part of the problem. I don't know if you're religious at all but the Bible taught me to treat others the way I want to be treated. So do I want you to be nice? Yes. Buck up. Maybe have a little foresight this time around. If we do manage to make it through the next 4 years, we're going to need more people my age on our side.
1 - 8