The Obama campaign's deputy manager, Stephanie Cutter, accused Romney of taking advantage of lower tax rates for capital gains available only to "those at the top." Is Cutter saying Romney is wrong to obey tax law? The tax code is a mess. It, not Romney, should be the object...
Cal Thomas you are disingenuous. If President Obama had refused to release more than 2 years of tax returns, while Willard released a decade's worth, you would be apoplectic . It matters because Willard is obviously hiding something in those returns he refuses to release. If he had honestly paid his taxes then he wouldn't have endured the scrutiny he has endured. If he had honestly paid his taxes then he wouldn't have allowed the focus of the election to move from the economy to his tax returns. He has done something so dishonest that he has conceded the election rather than release his returns. It's fine with me and the Democrats. We will gladly re-elect President Obama for another four years and give him a Congress for good measure
Did anyone think the release of Mitt Romney's tax returns would satisfy Democrats and make them focus on the real issues in this campaign, including President Obama's failed domestic and foreign policy record and approaching massive tax increases? If so, please call me for a great deal on Arizona swampland.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014