The Obama campaign's deputy manager, Stephanie Cutter, accused Romney of taking advantage of lower tax rates for capital gains available only to "those at the top." Is Cutter saying Romney is wrong to obey tax law? The tax code is a mess. It, not Romney, should be the object...
Willard has neve paid 35% on any of the money he has made over the past 10 years because he has manipulated the system so all his money is capital gains. The argument that investment income has already been taxed once at the higher rate is false and deceitful. Using that logic employers shouldn't have to pay any taxes since the money they are paying their employees has already been taxed once. The capital gains tax law should be returned to the 35% rate it was before Bush started giving wealthy welfare to the financial elite. How do you CONS expect to fight your wars if you don't have anyone paying taxes? Oh yea the CONS will just get it from the middle class.
Did anyone think the release of Mitt Romney's tax returns would satisfy Democrats and make them focus on the real issues in this campaign, including President Obama's failed domestic and foreign policy record and approaching massive tax increases? If so, please call me for a great deal on Arizona swampland.
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 18 hours ago