The Obama campaign's deputy manager, Stephanie Cutter, accused Romney of taking advantage of lower tax rates for capital gains available only to "those at the top." Is Cutter saying Romney is wrong to obey tax law? The tax code is a mess. It, not Romney, should be the object...
Willard has neve paid 35% on any of the money he has made over the past 10 years because he has manipulated the system so all his money is capital gains. The argument that investment income has already been taxed once at the higher rate is false and deceitful. Using that logic employers shouldn't have to pay any taxes since the money they are paying their employees has already been taxed once. The capital gains tax law should be returned to the 35% rate it was before Bush started giving wealthy welfare to the financial elite. How do you CONS expect to fight your wars if you don't have anyone paying taxes? Oh yea the CONS will just get it from the middle class.
Did anyone think the release of Mitt Romney's tax returns would satisfy Democrats and make them focus on the real issues in this campaign, including President Obama's failed domestic and foreign policy record and approaching massive tax increases? If so, please call me for a great deal on Arizona swampland.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 6 hours ago