The Obama campaign's deputy manager, Stephanie Cutter, accused Romney of taking advantage of lower tax rates for capital gains available only to "those at the top." Is Cutter saying Romney is wrong to obey tax law? The tax code is a mess. It, not Romney, should be the object...
That's just not true. The Treasury Secretary isn't the leader of the free world. The President Of the United States is. Willard can never be trusted as President if he has to resort to deception to fulfill his pledges. As Willard said, if he doesn't take all the deductions he is legally then he is qualified to be President. Those were Willard's words. And now he must live by them. If Willard reduced his deductions to maintain a 13% tax rate on 50% of the returns he released, common sense says that he didn't bother on the returns he kept hidden.
Did anyone think the release of Mitt Romney's tax returns would satisfy Democrats and make them focus on the real issues in this campaign, including President Obama's failed domestic and foreign policy record and approaching massive tax increases? If so, please call me for a great deal on Arizona swampland.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 11 hours ago