The Obama campaign's deputy manager, Stephanie Cutter, accused Romney of taking advantage of lower tax rates for capital gains available only to "those at the top." Is Cutter saying Romney is wrong to obey tax law? The tax code is a mess. It, not Romney, should be the object...
The 2011 tax return shows that he can't be trusted. In order to fulfill his claim that he paid "at least" 13% Willard didn't take $2.5 million in deductions. If he had taken all the deductions he was legally able to take he would have paid 10.4%. Willard says America should "trust" him, that he paid at least 13% for the past 20 years. Curious that in order to pay 13% he cut his deductions. Only fools would think he did the same on returns he didn't release. Willard doesn't give because he's generous, he gives so he can cut his taxes. 4 months ago he said if he didn't take all the deductions he was allowed to take by law then he wasn't qualified to be President. I agree with Willard in this case, he isn't qualified to be President.
Did anyone think the release of Mitt Romney's tax returns would satisfy Democrats and make them focus on the real issues in this campaign, including President Obama's failed domestic and foreign policy record and approaching massive tax increases? If so, please call me for a great deal on Arizona swampland.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 36 mins ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 3 hours ago