The Obama campaign's deputy manager, Stephanie Cutter, accused Romney of taking advantage of lower tax rates for capital gains available only to "those at the top." Is Cutter saying Romney is wrong to obey tax law? The tax code is a mess. It, not Romney, should be the object...
The 2011 tax return shows that he can't be trusted. In order to fulfill his claim that he paid "at least" 13% Willard didn't take $2.5 million in deductions. If he had taken all the deductions he was legally able to take he would have paid 10.4%. Willard says America should "trust" him, that he paid at least 13% for the past 20 years. Curious that in order to pay 13% he cut his deductions. Only fools would think he did the same on returns he didn't release. Willard doesn't give because he's generous, he gives so he can cut his taxes. 4 months ago he said if he didn't take all the deductions he was allowed to take by law then he wasn't qualified to be President. I agree with Willard in this case, he isn't qualified to be President.
Did anyone think the release of Mitt Romney's tax returns would satisfy Democrats and make them focus on the real issues in this campaign, including President Obama's failed domestic and foreign policy record and approaching massive tax increases? If so, please call me for a great deal on Arizona swampland.
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 10 minutes ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 50 minutes ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago