Photo voter ID opponent Keesha Gaskins, senior counsel in the Brennan Center's Democracy Program, writes: "While these laws are allegedly passed to secure elections, they impact communities of color in ways only reflected in our Jim Crow past. Looking at voter ID laws alone, we know that although 11 percent of Americans...
Photo voter ID laws, according to Attorney General Eric Holder, are a "poll tax." "Many of those without IDs," Holder recently told the NAACP, "would have to travel great distances to get them -- and some would struggle to pay for the documents they might need to obtain them."
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 39 mins ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 2 hour ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago