When surveys are conducted, the people who are interviewed are randomly selected registered (in a good poll) likely voters who are willing to respond. But that just begins the process. Those responses must then be "weighted" or allocated based on some projected model of past or future voter turnout strength. In other...
In response to:
Polish people vote too.
As one who polled the 2008 presidential race extensively, it dawned on me, looking at the various "swing state" surveys taken recently, that many pollsters might be making a significant error that results in President Barack Obama with a lead, when perhaps the lead in reality belongs to Mitt Romney.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago