"Parents and guardians frantically sought last-minute child care, pleaded with their bosses for leniency, and hoped that their kids would return to school sooner rather than later," reported the Chicago...
Just an afterthought; where is Obama who said he would be out there because he had a coat, hat and shoes and would be right there marching with unions on strike? I cannot understand why this man has any believability left. Also we certainly wouldn't want parents able to choose where their kids go to school with a voucher program because then these 30,000 striking teachers would not have a job.
The true long-term impact of the Chicago teachers strike may be not be known for some time. But there is no mystery about its impact in the immediate term -- anxiety, panic, and disruption for myriad mothers and fathers left in the lurch when 30,000 members of the Chicago Teachers Union walked away from their classrooms last week just as a new school year was getting underway.
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 6 mins ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Democrats want to have it both ways on Ebola Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Feds soliciting bids for production of four million ID cards for illegal immigrants — per year Allahpundit 3 hours ago