"Parents and guardians frantically sought last-minute child care, pleaded with their bosses for leniency, and hoped that their kids would return to school sooner rather than later," reported the Chicago...
Just an afterthought; where is Obama who said he would be out there because he had a coat, hat and shoes and would be right there marching with unions on strike? I cannot understand why this man has any believability left. Also we certainly wouldn't want parents able to choose where their kids go to school with a voucher program because then these 30,000 striking teachers would not have a job.
The true long-term impact of the Chicago teachers strike may be not be known for some time. But there is no mystery about its impact in the immediate term -- anxiety, panic, and disruption for myriad mothers and fathers left in the lurch when 30,000 members of the Chicago Teachers Union walked away from their classrooms last week just as a new school year was getting underway.
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago