"Parents and guardians frantically sought last-minute child care, pleaded with their bosses for leniency, and hoped that their kids would return to school sooner rather than later," reported the Chicago...
Just an afterthought; where is Obama who said he would be out there because he had a coat, hat and shoes and would be right there marching with unions on strike? I cannot understand why this man has any believability left. Also we certainly wouldn't want parents able to choose where their kids go to school with a voucher program because then these 30,000 striking teachers would not have a job.
The true long-term impact of the Chicago teachers strike may be not be known for some time. But there is no mystery about its impact in the immediate term -- anxiety, panic, and disruption for myriad mothers and fathers left in the lurch when 30,000 members of the Chicago Teachers Union walked away from their classrooms last week just as a new school year was getting underway.
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 59 minutes ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 4 hours ago