What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Term limits is the part of the equation that would stop some of the stupidity, cronyism, etc. This continual campaigning is the ridiculous part of our current political situation. We pay these legislative and executive branch people for campaigning half of their term . Who pays for the president to fly around with his entourage to all these campaign stops? Perhaps with term limits they would do things good for the country not just good for them and perhaps they would have an urgency to get things done that they certainly do not seem to have now. How do we get term limits to a vote sooner rather than later?
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago