CA should take lessons from Scott Walker in Wisconsin. The voters ultimately chose sanity over teacher's union and other union leaders.
When he ran for governor of California in 2010, Jerry Brown traded on cryptic pledges -- most notably, "no new taxes without voter approval" -- that, like pronouncements by the oracle at Delphi, could mean whatever listeners wanted to hear. Most insiders figured that Brown wanted to raise taxes but was too cagey to tell voters, who had rejected a tax-increasing ballot measure by a 2-1 ratio in 2009. It is because Brown was so darn clever that Californians now are stuck with a Hobson's choice -- vote for his Proposition 30 and raise taxes that could kill jobs in a...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 10 hours ago