How are American newspapers and networks covering the Conclave? Poorly, if at all. Most of the stories are breathless horserace-style speculations about men they don't know. When American journalists venture into the issues facing the Roman Catholic Church they rightly mention the abuse scandals and then most stop, except for a few who go on about celibacy --which is not going to change no matter who emerges as the new pope. When you next spot an article talking about the slaughter of Christians in the world or the suppression of the Church in China, send me a link. The next pope...
Being a christian I should care what happens with another religion.I can't see it matters who is chosen,because it won't let people outside churches give opinions anyhow!Liz Sure hope this makes sense to others.
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago