Their own plan doesn't even come close to balancing, of course, and they're not interested in other ideas to get there. The first Republican amendment they torpedoed yesterday called for increasing federal spending at a clip of "only" 3.4 percent per year over the next decade, rather than the major acceleration that Democrats have advanced. The second proposed making it more procedurally difficult to pass a budget that does not balance with ten years. Watch as each Democrat-aligned committee member votes in lockstep against these provisions. Make no mistake, they are explicitly rejecting a balanced federal budget (the...
In response to:
Or a ME-Oil-War-Mongering, "Dem-or-Rep Neo-Con !"
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 35 minutes ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 4 hours ago