Their own plan doesn't even come close to balancing, of course, and they're not interested in other ideas to get there. The first Republican amendment they torpedoed yesterday called for increasing federal spending at a clip of "only" 3.4 percent per year over the next decade, rather than the major acceleration that Democrats have advanced. The second proposed making it more procedurally difficult to pass a budget that does not balance with ten years. Watch as each Democrat-aligned committee member votes in lockstep against these provisions. Make no mistake, they are explicitly rejecting a balanced federal budget (the...
In response to:
Or a ME-Oil-War-Mongering, "Dem-or-Rep Neo-Con !"
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 28 mins ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago