Their own plan doesn't even come close to balancing, of course, and they're not interested in other ideas to get there. The first Republican amendment they torpedoed yesterday called for increasing federal spending at a clip of "only" 3.4 percent per year over the next decade, rather than the major acceleration that Democrats have advanced. The second proposed making it more procedurally difficult to pass a budget that does not balance with ten years. Watch as each Democrat-aligned committee member votes in lockstep against these provisions. Make no mistake, they are explicitly rejecting a balanced federal budget (the...
In response to:
Or a ME-Oil-War-Mongering, "Dem-or-Rep Neo-Con !"
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 5 hours ago