Their own plan doesn't even come close to balancing, of course, and they're not interested in other ideas to get there. The first Republican amendment they torpedoed yesterday called for increasing federal spending at a clip of "only" 3.4 percent per year over the next decade, rather than the major acceleration that Democrats have advanced. The second proposed making it more procedurally difficult to pass a budget that does not balance with ten years. Watch as each Democrat-aligned committee member votes in lockstep against these provisions. Make no mistake, they are explicitly rejecting a balanced federal budget (the...
In response to:
Or for a RINO !
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago