This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
I know this will not convince anyone, but .... Almost every historian accepts as fact that the Punic Wars were historical events. Why? Our knowledge of the Punic Wars (and that they even took place) is based on ten, and only ten, supporting historical documents. The New Testament is supported by over 24,000 historical documents outside of the Bible. For atheists, this argument means nothing. For believers, it also means nothing. For us believers, we base our beliefs on our faith in Jesus Christ and His influence in our lives, not on historical documents.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago