The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
ModerateConservitive, I have to leave soon, and I still would like to hear your explanation of how rich people pay lower tax rates than the rest of us. They pay the same or higher rates on earned income that most of us pay, and they pay the same or slightly higher capitals gains taxes than the rest of us. Where are you claiming they pay lower rates?
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 17 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 26 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 56 mins ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 2 hours ago