The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
ModerateConservitive, I have to leave soon, and I still would like to hear your explanation of how rich people pay lower tax rates than the rest of us. They pay the same or higher rates on earned income that most of us pay, and they pay the same or slightly higher capitals gains taxes than the rest of us. Where are you claiming they pay lower rates?
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 39 mins ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 2 hour ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago