The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
Since you didn't answer earlier, here it is again: You wrote, "The conservatards here somehow think it's stealing to make rich people pay the SAME TAX RATES as the middle class." Please explain. The rich people pay a higher rate on their earned income than most Americans. They also pay the same rate or a slightly higher rate on capital gains than most Americans. Where do you get this about the rich not paying the same tax rates? They pay higher.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 12 hours ago