The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
Since you didn't answer earlier, here it is again: You wrote, "The conservatards here somehow think it's stealing to make rich people pay the SAME TAX RATES as the middle class." Please explain. The rich people pay a higher rate on their earned income than most Americans. They also pay the same rate or a slightly higher rate on capital gains than most Americans. Where do you get this about the rich not paying the same tax rates? They pay higher.
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 29 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago