The White House is promoting the extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the middle class (which should really be called the Obama-Bush Tax cuts, since Obama extended them in 2010) as exactly that, tax cuts. But the truth is, an extension of the tax cuts wouldn't be a cut at all, but would keep tax rates at the current rate. The Obama admnistration is implying on the official WhiteHouse.gov website that a tax cut is coming for the middle class when in reality if a deal is made by January 1, middle class families won't see a tax...
In response to:
Since you didn't answer earlier, here it is again: You wrote, "The conservatards here somehow think it's stealing to make rich people pay the SAME TAX RATES as the middle class." Please explain. The rich people pay a higher rate on their earned income than most Americans. They also pay the same rate or a slightly higher rate on capital gains than most Americans. Where do you get this about the rich not paying the same tax rates? They pay higher.
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 8 mins ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago