I'm in the camp that believes Republicans have no choice but to agree to raise taxes on the top 2 percent of earners. The party has been successfully caricatured as the servant of the rich. This is unjust, yes, but justice is imperfect in this life. It's political suicide for Republicans to stand fast on maintaining current rates for high earners even at the cost of raising taxes for everyone else. Imagine if we went over the fiscal cliff. In January, Obama would call upon Congress to pass a law restoring the tax rates for 98 percent of filers. What could...
1. Tax all rich people at 100%. 2. Take all profits of all Fortune 500 companies. 3. Confiscate all property and wealth of all U.S. billionaires. You could run the U.S. budget eight months.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago