Of course, Panetta doesn't want to be grilled about his order. It's lacking in common sense and it is toadying to the feminist officers who yearn to be 3- and 4-star generals based on the feminist dogma of gender interchangeability and on their desire to force men...
She shouldn't have been allowed to act that way. Her commander should have told her to do it or receive an Article 15 for disobeying a direct order. Who's fault is it really? The commander who didn't have the courage to tell her to suck it up or the woman who took advantage? You don't have to be a man to "suck it up and drive on." If men start holding women responsible for Military standards, then maybe the women will stop trying to use "feminine wiles" to get out of doing what is needed.
In a newsworthy act of political cowardice, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta ran through the Pentagon's exit door as he announced he is striking down the 1994 Combat Exclusion Law. His timing means his successor, presumably Chuck Hagel, will inherit the task of defending the order to assign women to front-line military combat.
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 49 mins ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 4 hours ago