Of course, Panetta doesn't want to be grilled about his order. It's lacking in common sense and it is toadying to the feminist officers who yearn to be 3- and 4-star generals based on the feminist dogma of gender interchangeability and on their desire to force men...
She shouldn't have been allowed to act that way. Her commander should have told her to do it or receive an Article 15 for disobeying a direct order. Who's fault is it really? The commander who didn't have the courage to tell her to suck it up or the woman who took advantage? You don't have to be a man to "suck it up and drive on." If men start holding women responsible for Military standards, then maybe the women will stop trying to use "feminine wiles" to get out of doing what is needed.
In a newsworthy act of political cowardice, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta ran through the Pentagon's exit door as he announced he is striking down the 1994 Combat Exclusion Law. His timing means his successor, presumably Chuck Hagel, will inherit the task of defending the order to assign women to front-line military combat.
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 4 hours ago