Yet, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans voted for the passage of...
In response to:
Successful Blacks aren't withholding anything. Too many Inner-city Blacks aren't listening to them. We've seen this time and time again in many many different scenarios. Take investing for example: a millionaire can talk until s/he's blue in the face about the importance of investing, that you have to pay yourself first (or second if you're a tithe-payer), that you have to take the latte money and instead of drinking it, you have to invest it. Bam! There's your formula. Find a mutual fund with monthly dividends, or some other 10-12% interest maker and put $100 into it monthly from the time you're 20 and you'll be a millionaire too. How many people do this? Hardly any. The info is there but hearing, they hear not.
As recently as 1956, nearly 39 percent of blacks voted Republican in that year's presidential election. After the Civil War, Abe Lincoln's Republican Party easily carried the black vote -- where blacks were allowed to vote. Unwelcome in the Democratic Party, most blacks voted Republican and continued to do so through the early part of the 20th century. It wasn't until 1948, when 77 percent of the black vote went to Harry Truman, who had desegregated the military, that a majority of blacks identified themselves as Democrats.
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago