Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
When every second counts, the police are only ten minutes away.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 8 mins ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago