Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
When every second counts, the police are only ten minutes away.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago