As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 33 minutes ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago