As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago