As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 4 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago