As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 mins ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 53 mins ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 3 hours ago