As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 48 mins ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago