Cruz Control?

McCargar Wrote: Feb 20, 2014 12:43 PM
Dr. Sowell, you are seriously wrong. Over decades, voting for the GOP has done nothing to slow our descent into socialism. We either take a stand against the big-government, careerist GOP types, or give-in. The GOP 'is' dem-lite.

Random Thoughts

McCargar Wrote: Feb 11, 2014 10:48 AM
""How many more young blacks are you willing to see shot dead, because you don't like 'stop and frisk'?"" Rarely do I find reason to disagree, but this is one. With this logic, we could suspend every inconvenient constitutional protection for no reason other than "security". If we don't care for the constitutional protection against unwarranted searches, there is a mechanism available to change the constitution. What other right would we willingly give up to law-enforcement or unelected bureaucrats? We don't want to be hassled at the airport, and claim it is unconstitutional, but allow it here? Consistency?

Survey: How Libertarians Fit In the GOP

McCargar Wrote: Dec 31, 2013 12:49 PM
Without economic liberty, there is no liberty. Using big-government to push any agenda, is not a position an advocate of liberty should adopt. That is the basis for a connection between libertarians and conservatives.
So far, liberals can't successfully run radio talk shows, tv shows, nor websites. Interesting.

Oh Boy: Anthony Weiner Comeback?

McCargar Wrote: Dec 27, 2013 4:03 PM
This guy is probably running out of places to look for work. Who in the private sector would hire a man known to the world to be a pervert? He'd be a liability for any company.

Random Thoughts

McCargar Wrote: Nov 26, 2013 12:18 PM
A cousin of mine has a Doctorate in French history. She voted for Obama. Apparently, with all of her education, she never learned the lesson that you never put in power an inexperienced, petty demagog.

The Fatal Conceit of Obamacare

McCargar Wrote: Nov 25, 2013 2:39 PM
Western "democracies," are like dying restaurants that raise their prices in the hope of staying alive for one more season. The response to off-shore cost-cutting by companies is not to wage economic war against them as they move off-shore, it should be to make staying home more economically viable than moving off-shore.
Nice demagoguery.

To Each According to His Disability

McCargar Wrote: Nov 05, 2013 1:54 PM
I've been manic/depressive my entire life. It isn't uncommon for me to stay awake and alert for 2-3 days at a time. Three times in my life, I've remained depressed for more than a year. Terrible way to live, wouldn't wish it on anyone. That said, this made working for others problematic, so early in my career, I built my own companies so that I could make my own hours. Work around my problems. This worked to the degree that at one point, before selling, I had about 3500 employees around the world. When I was young, I was told that I needed to figure out whether or not I wanted to have a life, because no-one would nor could do if for me. That person was my father, who died at age thirty-nine, weeks before I turned seventeen. The government can't make your life work for you, but it can get in the way.
It is impossible to argue with people for whom the definition of words is so elastic as to render them meaningless.

Why the 2nd Amendment

McCargar Wrote: Jan 03, 2013 5:20 PM
When every second counts, the police are only ten minutes away.