"Parents and guardians frantically sought last-minute child care, pleaded with their bosses for leniency, and hoped that their kids would return to school sooner rather than later," reported the Chicago...
Leave Chicago, drive, walk, whatever. It is time for the people producing real goods to vote with their feed and abandon Chicago.
The true long-term impact of the Chicago teachers strike may be not be known for some time. But there is no mystery about its impact in the immediate term -- anxiety, panic, and disruption for myriad mothers and fathers left in the lurch when 30,000 members of the Chicago Teachers Union walked away from their classrooms last week just as a new school year was getting underway.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago