As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
So, you believe in Saint Nicholas...but you don't believe there is a God? God is, and always has been. Genesis 1:1,2 - "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." He created everything for humans, and then he created humans. He made a paradise, but because humans are weak and easily led astray, they didn't appreciate what they had and wanted more. I'm sure God has regretted many times creating us humans. But he loves us so much, he sent his only Son to die on the cross for our redemption from sin. He loves the unbeliever too, and just hopes they will see the light before it's too late.
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago