As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
So, you believe in Saint Nicholas...but you don't believe there is a God? God is, and always has been. Genesis 1:1,2 - "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." He created everything for humans, and then he created humans. He made a paradise, but because humans are weak and easily led astray, they didn't appreciate what they had and wanted more. I'm sure God has regretted many times creating us humans. But he loves us so much, he sent his only Son to die on the cross for our redemption from sin. He loves the unbeliever too, and just hopes they will see the light before it's too late.
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 17 mins ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 57 mins ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 3 hours ago