The White House continues to inch closer to a carbon tax. In Obama’s first post-election press conference, he dodged the question. The next day his spokesman Jay Carney said: “We would never propose a carbon tax, and have no intention of proposing one.” Great, but they don’t have to propose it. The proposals have now been made by Obama’s key allies. Senator Barbara Boxer, the chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee introduced a carbon tax bill with Vermont’s Bernie Sanders, a self-described socialist. On the House side, the top Democrat on the Energy and Commerce Committee, Henry...
Interesting stat came out this week; manufacturing an electric car pollutes twice as much as making a regular gas powered auto! So much for the addition two billion Obama wants to spend on more electric autos to cut down on carbon.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 10 hours ago