Those who want to discredit the United States and to deny our role as history’s most powerful and pre-eminent force for freedom, goodness and human dignity invariably focus on America’s bloody past as a slave-holding nation. Along with the displacement and mistreatment of Native Americans, the enslavement of literally millions of Africans counts as one of our two founding crimes—and an obvious rebuttal to any claims that this Republic truly represents “the land of the free and the home of the brave.” According to America-bashers at home and abroad, open-minded students of our history ought to feel more guilt than pride,...
In response to:
Accepting ?? Blacks for the most part do .We call ourselves ''American '' while tot he majority still see ''African American . We fight for this country ,built it ,struggled for the same freedoms ,so much is over looked . its not slavery ,but everything else .Can you find out your blood line ?? Mine is from slaves of Hatti and Dominicans ,Hondurans .Most people have the opportunity to look back ,we can only see pain and rape swinging from the trees ,pride in this country that we made it ours in spite of they many evils . Theses inconvenient truths are very bias ..Yes slaves are everywhere ,and blacks in Africa had them too ,still evil to treat a man as cattle or abuse them .
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago