Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 51 mins ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama overrules Senate, declares CIA’s Bush-era tactics ‘torture’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Another liberal attempt to force you to share in their humorless misery fails Noah Rothman 2 hours ago