I get it. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is not a perfect conservative -- far from it, in fact. His embrace of the president during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath was overly effusive, even if it aligned with his bipartisan, results-oriented brand. His decision to accept Obamacare's Medicaid expansion after blasting it as a form of "extortion" is a hypocritical, government-growing mistake. His cautious hedging on gun control rankles...
No! I don't think you do get it. So what if Christie talks like a conservative. Obama does some pretty good talking too doesn't he. Look for Christie to start spending more time with Obama and Democrats and then come back and tell us you get it. If something stares you in the face take it for what it is and not what you hope isn't. Christie is sending a clear message. Are you receiving? How many slaps in the face are you going to allow Christie to give the Republicans before you see where Christie is headed.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit Apr 20, 2014
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014