There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
When I called the second time I was told they weren't sure if it had arrived. So I called again the next day, again I was told I was denied and they only way I would be able to get approval this close to the election was I had to have someone carry the form to the elections office nearest my home - which wasn't very close, but closest to my home address in CA. I had to have the request for a ballot form signed by me and dropped off at the office in person. Well, there was no way for me to get that it before the election. I was really suspicious as to why my request was denied twice. I think it might have been because on the form you are required to list your political party affiliation. I'm a Republican so were my requests trashed?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 12 hours ago