There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
I am living in Costa Rica now and this was the first year we would be out of the country for the election. So I went on line to see what needed to be done. First you have to fill out a request for military or overseas voting. We had a deadline of when we had to request this. The instructions stated that we could fax our request form in and they would mail or email you your ballot. My husband and I did that about 3 weeks prior to the election and 2 weeks prior to the cut off date. I waited for the ballots to arrive and when they didn't I called the election office and asked if they got my request. They said they did, but it was denied and they didn't know why. So I faxed it again. I waited a couple of days and called again.
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 3 hours ago