There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
I am living in Costa Rica now and this was the first year we would be out of the country for the election. So I went on line to see what needed to be done. First you have to fill out a request for military or overseas voting. We had a deadline of when we had to request this. The instructions stated that we could fax our request form in and they would mail or email you your ballot. My husband and I did that about 3 weeks prior to the election and 2 weeks prior to the cut off date. I waited for the ballots to arrive and when they didn't I called the election office and asked if they got my request. They said they did, but it was denied and they didn't know why. So I faxed it again. I waited a couple of days and called again.
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago