There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
I am living in Costa Rica now and this was the first year we would be out of the country for the election. So I went on line to see what needed to be done. First you have to fill out a request for military or overseas voting. We had a deadline of when we had to request this. The instructions stated that we could fax our request form in and they would mail or email you your ballot. My husband and I did that about 3 weeks prior to the election and 2 weeks prior to the cut off date. I waited for the ballots to arrive and when they didn't I called the election office and asked if they got my request. They said they did, but it was denied and they didn't know why. So I faxed it again. I waited a couple of days and called again.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 8 hours ago