There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
I am living in Costa Rica now and this was the first year we would be out of the country for the election. So I went on line to see what needed to be done. First you have to fill out a request for military or overseas voting. We had a deadline of when we had to request this. The instructions stated that we could fax our request form in and they would mail or email you your ballot. My husband and I did that about 3 weeks prior to the election and 2 weeks prior to the cut off date. I waited for the ballots to arrive and when they didn't I called the election office and asked if they got my request. They said they did, but it was denied and they didn't know why. So I faxed it again. I waited a couple of days and called again.
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 38 mins ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago