And the Italian "ciao" comes from "schiavo vostro" and originally meant "I'm your slave." (Compare "servus," another term of Latin origin in Slovak and other Slavic languages, old complimentary closings in English such as "I remain your most humble servant. . . .") So what's yer point, Goldie?
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 32 minutes ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago