What velvet? The regime treats us all as suspects and monitors virtually everything we do. It can and does use information that it collects against us in anything from legal harassment to personal vendettas. It's trying either to end the free exercise of religion or force it underground. It's trying to force us out of private automobiles and into government trains and buses that don't yet exist. It's determined to make us sit in the dark eating uncooked oatmeal for decades while "green" sources of energy come online. If you want an idea of our future if we stay on this course, imagine Mussolini sharing power with the Sierra Club or China run by Ted Kaczynski.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 12 hours ago